Search for 3DCG and Blender related articles of interest:

Feb 2, 2011

Carrie Prejean, the forgotten superstar


Remember Carrie Prejean?, she's the pageant girl who publicly said (in front of Perez Hilton) that gay marriage is not okay with her. I for one forgot, until I stumbled onto her old twitter account. Turns out I was still subscribed to her. hmmm... Then why haven't I heard from her in almost a year? because her account has been abandoned since last July!


I've always been interested the concept of fleeting stardom, people that get the public's attention, and that's what people with folksy wisdom always say "one day people will forget that person". Like the creator of "Chocolate Rain", he was going to just go away too! Youtube has been good actually in the realm of keeping web 'celebrities', the subscriber system has been dampening the blow, and Tay Zonday, the creator of the video is still around. With a much reduced fanbase, but still around.

So what does it mean that Carrie Prejean isn't around? To be really honest, I didn't really look, she just abandoned her twitter account. And I always felt uncomfortable with a girl who's job it is to walk around in underwear, telling others about morality. So I'm kinda happy she's not around, she was getting on my nerves anyways.

I guess it's self fulfilling destiny, maybe she got tired of it and just decided to do, well, whatever she did earlier. It was interesting how I saw the whole thing played out, and people who say there's always too much stuff going on, hardly appreciate the complexities of the world.

7 comments:

Noko said...

I guess everybody does get their 15 minutes of fame, then disappear out of nowhere.

beyondthisall said...

Noko doesnt have it wrong at all. I wish all the trash celebrities would go away.

Dan Guenther said...

They do, but usually in their time. The people I like to see go away are RayWilliamJohnson and Fred, but usually a crowd isn't very cerebral.

Filthy said...

Ive never even heard of carrie prejean till now :o

Niko said...

"The people I like to see go away are RayWilliamJohnson and Fred, but usually a crowd isn't very cerebral."

Couldn't agree more.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a little judgmental to discount someone's opinions just because their job is to walk around in their underwear?

Now, I mean I don't agree with her at all but I mean... her choice at that time in activities was perfectly legitimate. :(

Anonymous said...

Her choice in ... being a pageant girl, not in ... discriminating against gays. I mean.