Search for 3DCG and Blender related articles of interest:

Jun 3, 2008

Jihad is upon us

Very recently I've come into a disagreement with a group of people on the internet with regards to my opinions. Don't fret, this is fairly common, every so often I will find people that are tightly set onto a radical or dangerous belief, that I believe are misinformed, and/or have the beginnings of a sentiment, a cancerous hatred that has the ability to spread and infect people. Many times this occurs in the political realm, as this example had. I found myself on a video that promoted the JTF (Jewish task force), a group that supported the radical militant right wing groups of Israel, and more recently is trying to "out" Obama as a Muslim. I find this interesting considering that he actually isn't, but I thought I would pursue it further, from having heard my share of anti-Islamic sentiment.

Messages are going around all of the time trying to tap into people's inability to analytically study a situation at hand, and will use the population's prior understanding to build cerebral connections with a situation which doesn't have an actual purpose with its unconscious symbolism. In the web are myriads of examples of this, such as the Oprah videos, the numerous of pleas that everyone is trying to destroy America, or the messages that try and smear Obama as a Muslim. Please, anyone who is reading this, I ask you don't consider taking any kind of serious consideration from any of them; they aren't worth your attention. At the very least, google them, and look for third party information, I would advise looking for contrary sources and weigh the reliability of each. I have even received a message from someone that states that Muslims are going to come to these the developed countries, have as many children as possible then harbour for a number of decades and one day they will outnumber us as a plan to take us over. I haven't heard a better cover for racism anywhere else.

I can tell you right now, that there is no master Muslim plan. To recall the accusations that Obama is a Muslim, the only way that these accusations hold up is when the complexities of the region are omitted, such as the difference between Hamas, Hezbollah, Taliban, Al-Qaeda, and the Islamic states. What we in the western world often do is we "paint it black" and call it "axis", dissociate ourselves from slightly less than a third of the world, and believe 1.4 billion people aren't worth the thought. No consideration that perhaps one of them might agree with us. Though Obama does have a connection with Islam, it's peripheral at most.

No comments: